We hereby announce that the Angolan PTO published a notification, requesting all applicants and/or attorneys of trademark applications numbered from 5001 (five thousand and one) to 20.757 (twenty thousand, seven hundred and fifty seven) to present the following documents in order to update the files respective to these trademarks:
- Copy of the official filing receipt or application request;
- Power of Attorney or Proxy;
- Certificate of Incorporation, proving the company's commercial activity in its native country;
- Official payment receipt of the granting fee and/ or renewal fee;
- Other relevant documents (recordals, assignments).
All documents shall be legalized at the Angolan Consulate of the applicant's country or the nearest country, and duly translated into Portuguese and certified by a Public Notary.
In light of the above, in case the aforementioned trademark files are not updated by presenting the requested documentation, it will lead to their expiration/forfeiture according to the law.
Trademarks already granted or refused are excluded of this actualization process.
The deadline to present the referred documents is 12 (twelve) months, counting from the publishing date of Industrial Property Bulletin No. 11/2017, 26 December 2017, therefore these documents shall be filed until 26 December 2018.